Fathom your physical form…Reflect on your looks and the messages of your body. TANTRA weaves cords from each levels of your consciousnessâ€“each level conceived as a chakra into a magic carpet of kundalini energy, soaring along your spine. Experience yourself as a conscious bridge between earth and the spirit. Tantra activates the safe, sexy, powerful, loving, communicative, knowing spirit within you, between you and your beloved, and between you and the world.
Focus on the 1st chakra, concerned with your body. Observe your body and dialogue with its voices. Accept, nurture and adore it. Treat your body to tantra yoga, which in turn gives you ejaculatory control, multiple orgasm, overall health and the physical experience of the transcendent energy you can share with a beloved.
Feel your physique, its history, needs and voices that affect tantric sex. Create a private, uninterrupted couple of hours in a well-lit sanctum with space to stretch and sprawl. Provide a full-length and hand-held mirror, and, if female, a speculum.
Warm-up: WATCH YOURSELF MAKE LOVE TO YOURSELF
Prepare a love-nest and set aside several hours when you’re wide awake, without pressing business or concerns. Imagine you prepare to receive and give leisurely, sensitive, unstinting sexual delight to the most important person in your world.
Make the boudoir you create warm and comfortable. Let it contain a stand-up mirror and a large hand-held mirror. Provide sensual music, fragrances, flowers, snacks, sacraments, massage oil or lube and plenty of large, soft towels.
Make sure no phone, delivery person, computer or dropper-by can intrude on the space you create for your tryst with the exalted person you plan to honor. Dress in your sexiest clothes.
Then invite yourself in; you’re the guest, the most important lover you’ll ever have. You.
Turn on the music, relax, imbibe. Stand before the mirror and slowly take off each of your garments. Look at your body objectively
REFLECT ON YOUR REFLECTION
Turn at different angles to the mirror; see yourself from several angles. Watch your whole body flow as you move.
Focus in turn on head, torso, legs, then crown, hair, face, neck, chest, back, belly, hips, buttocks, thighs, knees, shins, hands, feet, toes (but save genitals) as you dance to the mirror.
Pick up the hand mirror. See your reflection reflect on your body from every vantage.
As you stand before your image, notice what you like most and least about your body, what you see about your health, your assets and your liabilities.
What do you appreciate about your body? How will you improve your health and appearance?
Identify with your body; become it.
As body, say what’s difficult and what’s satisfying about serving as this soul’s soma.
Say how you feel about the way your person reacts to you.
What would you like her or him to value you for?
What else would you like her or him to know?
Use both mirrors. Look in your orifices.
Focus on, then become your genitals, roleplay your genitals. As Genitals, how do you feel?How did you feel in the mirror examination? What, as Genitals, is your existence as your person’s genitals?
Say what you, as the voice of your body, want and need.
Say â€œLam,â€ touch your rosebud [anal orifice] with your hand and ask your earthy essence to come to your genital shrine for joy.
Chant â€œVam,â€ touch your genitals and invite your Sensual subself.
Say â€œRam,â€ rub your belly and invite the spirit of your inner Strength to join the fun.
Say â€œYam,â€ touch your heart and invoke your Romantic inner voice.
Say â€œHam,â€ inviting your sound-maker-Singer self to be present as you make love to yourself.
Chant â€œOoo,â€ rub your third eye (between your eyebrows) and summons your inner Visioner.
Make the sound “Mm” and invite your Universal Consciousness to be present too.
Pleasure yourself slowly as you look in your own eyes in the mirror.
Tell yourself aloud how much you love making love to yourself. Say, â€œI love you dear, [say your name].â€
Affirm your deepest devotion as you orgasm.
View lovers masturbatory movements and show yours to them to learn one another’s techniques.
Learn in Tantra.
- Increasing your energy and enthusiasm for sex naturally, so you remember what it feels like when sexual energy flows through your body.
- Ways to approach your partner so that the sexual interactions are more loving and connected.
- Understanding how to approach potential lovers and have a conscious conversation about your desires in relating.
- Being in alignment with yourself and learning how to express freely, without agendas and expectations.
- Reconnecting with your masculine / feminine essence to increase your vitality and passion for life.
- Learning to be in the moment each day.
- to feel your natural flow of energy
- to experience all the feelings and sensations moving through you
- to allow natural expression of your body and voice
- to release previously held tension in the body
- to come out of the head and into the body
- to release memories and feelings that may have kept you stuck in life
- to drop societal expectations, fear and judgment about sex
- to know yourself as orgasmic bliss
- reconnecting with your positive polarity â€“ the heart for women and the penis for men
- for women, to embrace the receptivity of your feminine
- for men, to discover the true potency of your masculine
Tantric bodywork and breathwork can also support you withâ€¦
- premature ejaculation
- lack of erection or difficulty in maintaining an erection
- prostate health
- inability to orgasm
- numbness in the body
There are two steps to the exercise: 1) a breast massage and 2) a pelvic contraction called “holding firm,” which is similar to a kegel exercise.
Sit naked on a flat surface with your legs stretched out before you. Bend one leg and place the heel at the entrance of your vagina so that it presses firmly against your clitoris. If this is not comfortable, then place a hard ball there instead. The pressure should be consistently firm.
Now bring your other leg close to your body. Raise the foot of this leg and rest it on the calf of the leg already in position. Insert the toes of the first bent leg between the calf and thigh of the second bent leg. If this is too difficult, place the second leg in front of you. Sit as erect as you can without straining. You can use a small pillow under the buttocks to sit more comfortably.
1) The Breast Massage
Rub your hands together quickly in order to create as much heat as possible. Then place them over the breasts. Rub inwards with your hands and continue around your breasts in a circular motion. The hands travel together up the inside of the breasts toward the face, then outwards, downwards, inwards, and upwards again. Lightly chafe the skin in circular motions with the nipples at the center of the circle. Do not hold the breasts and move them. Skim the surface of the skin. Pause occasionally and rub your hands together to re-warm them.
Do a minimum of 36 circles and a maximum of 360 circles. A pleasant warm feeling may be experienced at the breasts and genitals. This is a very good sign. It shows that you are accumulating sexual energy.
The breast massage stage of the Female Deer Exercise stimulates the nerves of the nipples and breasts. This increases circulation, releases the hormones oxytocin and DHEA, , and increases neural development and blood and lymphatic circulation. It can increase both fullness and buoyancy of the bust by strengthening the suspensory ligaments and muscles, while increasing blood and lymphatic movement in the breasts.
2) Holding Firm
First, rest your hands in your lap. Form your hands into fists by encircling your thumbs in the other fingers. This activates a number of important acupressure points. Next, tighten the muscles of the vagina as though contracting it. Keep breathing in a deep, relaxed manner while holding the contraction as long as you comfortably can, and then relax.
Contract and relax these muscles as many times as you can without strain. The correct feeling is that you are trying to suck air up into your vaginal and anal openings. After about a month, the muscle contractions will be easy to maintain.
You may experience a pleasant feeling that flows from the genitals to the top of the head. This indicates that the sexual energy accumulated through this method is raising along the spine, feeding the entire glandular endocrine systems.
The vagina greatly benefits from the Female Deer Exercise. It becomes tighter, meatier, and more flexible. The exercise increases circulation in the sexual organs and energizes the pubic area.
Together, the two phases of the Female Deer Exercise spread sexual pleasure and energy throughout the body, increasing the potential for clitoral, vaginal, and whole body orgasm. It is also excellent for enhancing overall health and vitality.
When personal Tantra instruction is either inconvenient or too expensive, Al Link and Pala Copeland’sSexual Mastery Course and Kerry and Diane Riley’s Ultimate Home Tantra Course are two excellent self-teaching courses. I highly recommend either of these courses for those who can’t find a local Tantra teacher, attend a Tantra workshop, or just want to explore Tantra in the privacy of their own home.
This non-monastic, vibrant path emphasizes personal direct experience via devotion to the sadhanas (practices), rather than adherence to RIGID DOGMA. Indeed, tantra is much more than sexual and transgressive practices, although it can at times utilize passionate energy, intimate sadhanas, and conscious transgression in advanced practice. Though the senses are celebrated, the focus is on the complex internal and external meditation, not on personal gratification. Ironically, when selfishness is sacrificed and true compassion and absolute awareness are present, the highest bliss is possible.
- Introduction to Tantra, Lama Yeshe
- Passionate Enlightenment; Women in Tantric Buddhism, Miranda Shaw
- Inner Tantric Yoga, David Frawley
- The Triadic Heart of Siva: Kaula Tantricism of Abhinavagupta in the Non-Dual Shaivism of Kashmir,
- Paul Eduardo Muller-Ortega
- Tantric Visions of the Divine Feminine: The Ten Mahavidyas, David R. Kinsley
- Journey of the Heart: Path of Conscious Love, John Welwood
- Bhagavad Gita: A New Translation, Stephen Mitchell
- Poised for Grace: Annotations on the Bhagavad Gita from a Tantric View, Douglas Brooks
- Tantric Quest, Daniel Odier
- Kundalini Yoga for the West, Swami Sivananda Radha
- The Tibetan Book of Living and Dying, Sogyal Rinpche
- The Tibetan Book of the Dead
- The Art of Sexual Ecstasy, Margo Anand
- The MultiOrgasmic Man, Mantak Chia
- Jewel in the Lotus: the Sexual Path to Higher Consciousness, Sunyata Saraswati and Bodhi Avinasha
- The Sacred Prostitute: Eternal Aspect of the Feminine, Nancy Qualls-Corbett
- Meditation as Medicine, Dharma Singh Khalsa, M.D. and Cameron Stauth
- Dakini’s Warm Breath, Judith Simmer-Brown
- A General Theory of Love, Thomas Lewis, Fari Amini, and Richard Lannon
- Transfigurations, Alex Grey
- Focus on where it’s at. Right in front of you, or around you. And even on you. Use your senses and look right now at what is in front of you. Can you hear the sounds about you? Touch your face and focus on how the skin feels.
- Be aware. Thinking about the past and future comes to you naturally. That’s fine. Just become more aware of those thoughts. Awareness will bring change…change will bring you into the present.
- Do not be harsh. If you think about the past or future, do not be stern with yourself! Don’t try to push those thoughts out of your head. Instead, be aware of them, and gradually allow them to go away. Then bring yourself back to the present.
- Eating is a time to eat. The best way to think about being present is to do just one thing at a time. When you are eating, don’t make a mental list of things to do. Pay attention and enjoy what you’re eating, do it slowly. This goes for any mundane task: mowing the lawn, taking a shower, driving, working, playing. In other words, multi- tasking is highly over-rated.
- Zazen. The core of Zen practice is seated meditation that in turn is simply sitting. You don’t have to contemplate about anything, nor even chant. Strive to be aware of the stream of thoughts, allowing them to arise and pass without interference. In other words, just sit and focus on sitting. This is a very useful and positive practice.
- Do Exercises. Exercise is a wonderful practice. If running is your choice, then run and only run. The secret is to focus on running, on breathing, on nothing but the present which is simply running.
- Everyday routines. Again, be aware of your stream of thoughts. When you do laundry, this is practice, your meditation. When you walk your dog, focus on walking that task alone. Make anything you do into practice.
- Use reminders. Place a reminder where it will be visible, on your fridge, on your computer desktop, in your car. Any place you will notice to keep your focus on practicing being present.
- No failure. Everybody messes up at times. Over time, the only thing of importance is that you practice, and in the end, if you keep doing it, you will learn to focus on the present more often than you do now. Say to yourself â€œI cannot failâ€, even if you stop doing it for awhile. You have the right to celebrate every little success. Doing it at all is success.
- Keep practicing. Frustrated? Just take a deep breath. No magical formula exists except â€œstick with itâ€.